Thursday, November 12, 2009

Gremlin torch has been passed!!!!!!

Well as you can see from my last post I am back to racing again. But Dave Jacko has now passed the gremlin torch over to me. In my last post I told you bout how Dave kept loosing the pin connecting his drive shaft together. Well the torch has been passed to me. He gave me gremlin problems I should up at the track set up my pit and got ready to race. That’s when I noticed the first gremlin. I went to sauce my tires and when I spun the right front tire none of the rest of the tires would spin. That’s when I noticed the same pin Dave kept breaking was now broken on my car too. I do blame Dave for this (just kidding Dave). So I fixed that problem and it seemed like everything was going great everything was perfect. I went out and practiced for awhile. I did good I was able to go around the track and make good lap times my average was 12.0 which is close to what the fast guys are running in 17.5 class.

Well it is now Tuesday and it is race day at Trackside the legendary Scotty is out of town announcing a race so Jamie Tennies was running the show, which makes it very entertaining. There were a lot of racers there I think there were about 43 racers there. It was a nice turn out. I did well in qualifying I did 23 laps my first qualifier and then did another 23 laps in my second qualifier. Which put me 4th in the C main, for me this is good I can’t complain. But then the GREMLINS snuck up on me I was doing well in the main when all of a sudden the gremlin bit me right in the butt. My car was going straight down the straight away when all of a sudden it just made a 90 degree right hand turn down the straightaway and put me right into the boards. The marshal came and got me off the boards and that’s when I noticed my car was not turning like I wanted it too. Actually I couldn’t turn at all when one of the marshals picked up my car and gave me the sign. You know the slash across the throat sign. I was done I was a little irritated that this makes 2 weeks in a row that I couldn’t finish a race. So I blame all these gremlins on to DAVE JACKO (kidding again). So my plan is to completely tear apart my car and check everything. I want to clean every part and put it back together and make sure everything is right. So my next blog post will be if I can put my car back together with out having extra screws or parts left over. Well like I leave all my posts keep the rubber side down and have fun. See ya next post.

No comments:

Blog Archive