Monday, November 9, 2009

I am back again for the millionth time

Well it has been a long time since I posted something. So I decided to finally post something. Lets get started well my new job ran out and had budget cuts and I ended up laid off again. Which sucks but hey what are you going to do. So I decided to not just sit around the house and pout I grab all my RC stuff and cleaned everything up and fixed what was broken from the last time I raced. Cleaned up all diffs and rebuilt them. This took some time but hey I got nothing but time right now. Don’t get me wrong I am looking for a job but times are tough for everyone, people are lucky to have a job right now. Ok off my soap box and back to RC racing. After I dusted off all my stuff I went to the track and started to set my pit back up. I practiced a lot of on road for some reason I didn’t want to play in the dirt I just wanted to run on the carpet. Which is weird for me because off road racing is what I started doing in the beginning. Well after about a week of practicing and running pack after pack, I noticed it was a Tuesday and it was racing night so I said what the heck paid my entry fee and raced. It wasn’t long before I noticed how much rust I had on my bones people were flying past me like I was standing still. This was kind of disturbing but hey I haven’t raced in about 6 months. Well after first round of qualifying I was doing ok. Nothing real important happened made it around the track and was only about 2 laps behind the leader I did 22 laps in 5 mins while the leader was doing about 25 laps. I figure not bad again since I haven’t raced in 6 months. My buddy Dave Jacko was doing good except he was having gremlin issues he told me he kept breaking the outdrive pins on his sedan. I gave him an extra one that I happen to have in my pit box. His car worked really well once he got rid of that gremlin. I think he ended up in the B main. The second qualifier I was on a 24 lap pace when BAMMM brain fart I lost concentration and ended up finishing with a 22 lap run.

I ended up in 6th in the C main with the 2 bump ups from the D main right behind me. We all lined up and got into position. Tone went off and BOOOOOOOOM almost everyone crashed at the end of the straight Scotty restarted the race to make it fair to everyone. So after we lined up again Scotty toned us off again and I went from 6th to 8th in the first lap. I was getting hit and was hitting everything but the pace car if there was one out there. But I stuck with it and started working my way up to 3rd after a couple of laps. Then it happened 1st through 4th were coming out of the straight and 2nd place car had to let up to make the turn I was able to pass him. I was able to carry more speed into the corner than he was able to do. The 4th place car hit the guy I just passed which launched him into me and my car flew into Dave Jackos leg and I landed on my roof. He grabbed me put me back on the track I started to drive and car wouldn’t move. I was pulled off the track and found that I broke a rear turn buckle ball joint. I think what happened was when I hit Dave in the leg I fell on the corner and that’s when it broke. Which sucks but what the heck it was fun to be back on the track after so long being gone. Well there is more to come. So everyone remember keep the rubber side down and have fun.

No comments:

Blog Archive