Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Monday practice with Dave!!

Well I went to the track yesterday being its Monday there was not a lot of people there but hey that means more track time for me. I didn’t get there until about 4 ish because I thought my sister-n-law (she and her husband live California) were coming over. But she ended up not coming so I went to the track. I called my buddy David Jacko to see if he is going to make it up there he said he was able to come up but not to practice just set up his pit. I volunteered my services to help him get his car set up he was having problems with it last week. After Dave got there I started working on his car he has an X-ray t2-007 (just like the one I have) and I noticed that his top links were on an angle they weren’t straight. So we looked into it a little better. We found out that he accidentally put his caster blocks on the wrong side. Meaning he put the right one on the left and vise versa. So after we changed that we put the car on the track and it drove (until the belt slipped off the pulley and twisted upside down. Very weird how that happened it just looked funny. Dave had to leave so I worked on his car a bit and I twisted it back to the way it is supposed to be. I then tightened the belt. I also put a 0.75 washer in the rear this will help with his traction issue and stuff I don’t know why it helps but it does. I went to drive it but it still didn’t drive right so I had the legendary Paul Lemieux drive it. He also said something was tweaked on his chassis or something. So we put the car down and we decided we will work on it today meaning Tuesday during the day. One of the things we are going to do is switch his one way to a spool. Paul thought that will really help his driving style and make him faster. I will let you know what else we do to make him faster and to un-tweak his car. Well that’s it for now so keep it rubber side down and grip it and rip it and remember to always have fun.

No comments:

Blog Archive