Monday, August 24, 2009

Getting back into racing!!!!!

Well if people didn’t know I got a new job. I am working for the DNR (Department of Natural Resources) the job started around June and I have been working ever since. The work is not hard (yes it is) it is a lot of bush whacking trail's and cleaning stuff up for campers. It is a lot of fun but it is only a summer job. So I will have to start looking for a full time job or find something for winter then go back to work next summer for the DNR. During this time I finally completed the hobby room in the basement. I should get pictures up so everyone can see why I can sit there for hours on end and not come up for air (lol); I also just got my house set up with wireless internet. I used to have all my internet all plugged in which is kind of stupid because I would sit and have my laptop and desk top right next to each other and only use one of them. Well that’s enough of the personal information and back to what this blog is about Racing.

Well I stop up at the track and saw some old friends working on there cars and stuff and I started getting the bug. I got the itch started out slowly but now it is getting worse. So I went into the basement and started to dust off my stuff. I couldn’t believe how much dust my stuff collected while doing all that work in the basement. I pulled out my sedan since the off road track is still in its oval stage. Only a couple more weeks before it turns back into off road. So as I got all my stuff together and started to look and organize it into piles, I started going through everything seeing what broken or worn out and started throwing stuff away (don’t know why I keep all that junk). After that I started to put stuff away into compartments and just plan organize and simplify.

After that I started to get my sedan ready looking at tires and trying to figure out if I am going to switch my sedan to LI-PO or keep running sub-c batteries. I decided it was time so I went to the track one night after work and talked with Paul Lemieux and we got my sedan all set up with a LI-PO. I got a weight plate and a battery and we got it all set up and balanced. I had to wait a week to get it on the track but I eventually got it on there. I had to do some changes to the car I had to raise the rear shocks up 2 holes for better traction. I had to add some weight to make the car legal. I also needed a lot of practice since I haven’t raced in about 3 months or even picked up a remote or anything. Other than that the car felt perfect. I did loose a little in my reflexes but hey after 3 months of nothing to coming back and playing around I still have it a little. Well like I always say keep the rubber to the ground and have fun. More will be coming later.

No comments:

Blog Archive